Friday, April 6, 2018

Twomblecaster - Fendart Thinline


Back to the laser-cutter, and the head-stock is done. The real trick was aligning the text at an angle on a curvy shape, while the rest of the neck just barely fit on the cutting bed - but it's darn near perfect in terms of the planned placement, and also for the quality and the look of the cut. Super happy.

One of the tricks was using the painters tape to back off the area and reduce the scorching. But it was a bit nerve-wracking watching the cutter head zipping around thinking that it was just burning off the tape; the maple just didn't get that carbon look like the basswood.

 

 

Speaking of the basswood, the oiling continues and the warm tone of the wood is really starting to come through. I'm really sorry now I know, that I did not take more and better precautions with the masking; it stings a bit each time I pick up the body as I apply the oil, as my fingers get stained from the charcoal.

No ronsonol and match, but I torched my axe just like Jimi; just I used a laser-cutter.



No comments:

Post a Comment